Monday 2 September 2013

Its vuitton at it again!!!!!!!

What Would You Give Up To Work At Vuitton?

  • 2 September 2013
  • Dolly Jones
Picture credit: Go Runway
SAY "Louis Vuitton" and we all think of Marc Jacobs - but Kim Jones, the 35-year-old Central Saint Martins grad who has headed up menswear there since 2011, is creating his own quiet creative storm.
"[Marc's] good at trusting people," Jones says. "He allows me to do what I want."
Boasting a friendship with David Beckham, who was front row at his show in June ("David was living in Paris for quite a while and his manager is a really good friend of mine. So we started going for dinner and then for drinks and we really get on; he's such a sweet guy. He's a super-nice guy"), Jones graduated from the cutting edge of the London party scene to Vuitton, which meant giving up on his own label as well as growing up professionally - but he's no less creative.
"Why would I want to do my own label when I can do fantastic things here and put my spin on things? As a designer, the things you can do at Vuitton are second to none. In LVMH, they are very respectful of the designer, you are a special person in the company. You can't be that naive about the world, you have to get on with stuff."
With menswear responsible for 40 per cent of the global luxury market, and China's male customer base pushing that figure up day by day, Jones's star is likely to burn as bright as his boss's does in the not too distant future. "You've got to stay on top of things," he tells the Australian Financial Review. "I read everything I can. I go everywhere I can. I've got a lot of common sense. I'm working for the biggest luxury goods house in the world so I need to make sure I am supplying what men need."

No comments:

Post a Comment